Ballaghaderreen Cathedral | Cathedral Roscommon

Ballaghaderreen Cathedral | Cathedral Roscommon

Ballaghaderreen Cathedral Roscommon is the cathedral church of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Achonry. Located in Ballaghaderreen, County Roscommon in Ireland, the cathedral was commissioned in 1855. Cathedral of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St Nathy, Ballaghaderreen was commissioned to be built by Bishop Patrick Durcan in the Gothic style, was begun in 1855 and completed in 1860.

Ballaghaderreen Cathedral bell tower of 59.6 meters with a needle and a carillon of bells and new sacristy were all added in 1912 by the project architect, William H. Byrne Irish. Because of its height, the body of the church in gray limestone seems small, but is 45.72 metres (150 feet) long, 17.9 metres (59 feet) wide and 20.4 metres (67 feet) high.


Cathedral Address

Cathedral St, Kilcolman, Ballaghaderreen, Co. Roscommon, Ireland 

 

Ballaghaderreen Cathedral | Cathedral Roscommon