Cathedral of St Eunan and St Columba | Cathedral Letterkenny Donegal

Cathedral of St Eunan and St Columba | Cathedral Letterkenny Donegal

St Eunan's Cathedral Letterkenny, or the Cathedral of St Eunan and St Columba as it is also known, is a cathedral in the parish of Conwal and Leck, part of the Diocese of Raphoe. Built between the years of 1890 and 1900, the cathedral is found in Letterkenny, County Donegal in Ireland.

Above the main entrance to St Eunan and St Columba Cathedral Letterkenny stand the statues of its patrons, Saint Eunan and Saint Columba. The coat of arms of the then Pope, Leo XIII, and the then Bishop of Raphoe, Patrick O’Donnell, are also to be found above the main entrance.

On the ceiling of the sanctuary are images of Our Lord and the Apostles. The Mayer firm of Munich, Germany, made the windows on the sanctuary and they depict thirteen scenes from the life of Our Lord. The main altar incorporates an Irish carved representation of Da Vinci’s The Last Supper.

The main aisle of the Cathedral is the Columban Arch that depicts scenes from the lives of Saints Eunan & Columba.


Cathedral Address

Sentry Hill Rd, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal, Ireland 

 

Cathedral of St Eunan and St Columba | Cathedral Letterkenny Donegal