St. Mary’s Pro Cathedral Dublin | Dublin Cathedrals

St. Mary’s Pro Cathedral Dublin | Dublin Cathedrals

Few buildings have such a close association with significant moments in the political and religious history of Ireland as the Pro-Cathedral.

Presidents, governments and foreign ambassadors come to the Pro-Cathedral on great national occasions.  The Lord Mayor and the County Council come to extend Christmas greetings to the Archbishop on behalf of the citizens of Dublin.  Visitors often include tourists on sightseeing trips around the city, and during the summer there are often nearly as many visitors as local parishioners at Sunday Masses.

St. Mary’s serves as the pro-cathedral of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Dublin. It was constituted in 1825 from St. Mary’s Chapel, Liffey Street, and is found on the site that previously housed a Benedictine and later, a Cistercian abbey.


Cathedral Address

83 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1 

 

St. Mary’s Pro Cathedral Dublin | Dublin Cathedrals